Amongst all the chaos that our lives can at times entail, we tend to forget about one of our most sensitive organs, our eyes! Getting your eyes regularly checked should be incorporated into your healthcare routine every 1-2 years to detect any eye-related medical conditions early on.
Some of these eye-related medical conditions include;
- Short-sightedness: This occurs when an individual struggles to focus on objects in the distance.
- Long-sightedness: This is classified as an individual who experiences reverse effects to short-sightedness, having difficulties focusing on objects that are up close.
- Astigmatism: This is a combination of both short and long-sightedness where individuals experience blurred vision at all distances
- Macular degeneration: This occurs when an individual loses sight in the centre of their field view
- Glaucoma: This refers to an increase of pressure in the eyes
- Retinal detachment: This occurs when the retina, which is the back layer of the eye disconnects from the layer of blood vessels
- Cataracts: This refers to a condition where the lens of the eye blurs an individual’s vision, becoming physically opaque.
Astonishingly, more than 75% of blindness cases could be preventable if individuals had their eyesight checked more regularly and as some eye conditions can become irreversible once fully developed, it is essential to frequently get your eyes checked to become proactive and preventative.
At Edgey Specs, our professional team of optometrists are extremely qualified in child and adult eye testing and are here to help satisfy all your individual needs.
To discuss eye examinations for children or to speak to one of our team members – click here
More information can be found here: